Aug. 08, 2019
It is inevitable that we will encounter surface scratches when we produce metal stamping parts, but how does it occur and how can we solve this problem? Let's take a look at the following points.
1. When copper, aluminum alloy and other soft metal materials continuous work bending, metal particles or dross are easily attached to the surface of the work site, causing large scratches on the stamping parts. At this time,the shape and lubrication of the working part should be carefully analyzed to avoid the appearing particles and dross.
2. When the bending direction of metal stamping is parallel to the rolling direction of the material, cracks will occur on the surface of the workpiece, which will reduce the surface quality of parts. Also, when metal stamping and bending is performed at two or more parts, operating workers should be as far as possible to ensure that the direction of metal stamping bending and rolling direction has a certain angle.
3. When the burr surface is used as the outer surface for metal stamping and bending, the products are easy to crack and scratch. Therefore, the burr surface should be used as inner surface while in metal stamping bending should be burr surface as a metal stamping curved inner surface when the metal is stamped and bent.
4. If the corner radius of female die is too small, metal stamping bending parts will be prone to occur stamping marks. Polishing the die and increasing the radius of the die can avoid the scratched of the metal stamping and bending parts.
5. The gap between the male and female dies should not be too small, because if the gap is too small it will cause thinning and scratching.
6. If the depth of the punch into the die is too large, the surface of the part will be scratched. Therefore, the depth of the punch entering the die should be reduced properly without being affected by the rebound.